Richard Colton

"b" wrote in message
oups.com...

David FitzGerald wrote:
It's an KV24LS35.
I had a guy around to look at it, said it would cost about £100 for
the parts and £70 for labour, and even then there is another part
that could be broken which he would not be able to tell if it was or
not until he replaced the first one. So it would be £170 to see if it
worked, and possibly another £80.
A bin job, basically.
So, now to either get an ultra cheap crapo TV, or a TFT which I will
put into the bedroom when the plasma fund matures

Don't get any cheapo set unless you wan to to go shopping again in 16
months time.

Here we go with the crap advice again! Go and look up The Sale Of Goods Act
(visiting RETRA's website would be a good idea as well) and you'll soon see
why any TV should last considerably longer than sixteen months, and the
legal remedies you have should it not do so.

get a DECENT tech to look at it, dont get a call out, take it in
somewhere.

Now that IS good advice.

if repaired it will probebly long outlive any cheapo turkish
**** from the supermarket.

"Probably"? If the "decent" tech comes back with a figure over £100 I'd
still go for one of the cheapie sets in the knowledge that if it goes wrong
within the next four years or so I'd have some comeback - something you
"probably" won't get with a repair.

--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
www.uselessinfo.org.uk