Default Cheap widescreen telly needed! Old one died.

David FitzGerald wrote:
It's an KV24LS35.
I had a guy around to look at it, said it would cost about =A3100 for
the parts and =A370 for labour, and even then there is another part
that could be broken which he would not be able to tell if it was or
not until he replaced the first one. So it would be =A3170 to see if it
worked, and possibly another =A380.
A bin job, basically.
So, now to either get an ultra cheap crapo TV, or a TFT which I will
put into the bedroom when the plasma fund matures

Don't get any cheapo set unless you wan to to go shopping again in 16
months time.
As for your sony, this set uses the LE2 chassis, the error code 11
flashes =3D transistors Q606,Q607, resistor R603(0R1) open or changed
value, and possibly capacitor C641(470UF35V). Total cost of those
components about a tenner.

6 flashes means its the line transistor.

get a DECENT tech to look at it, dont get a call out, take it in
somewhere. if repaired it will probebly long outlive any cheapo turkish
**** from the supermarket.=20

hope this helps, Ben