Tim

Alex,
I'm sorry, I thought you were refering to the Alisam Sharpening Sled
when you mentioned riding in slurry. My apologies.
Yes I am the inventor of the Sharpening sled.
Regarding using the Mk II for the "Scary Sharp" technique I would say
our model SS3 was made specifically for this technique. Plus the
ability to sharpen scraper plane blades as well! It rides very low on
the table or plate glass surface and with all the attributes of the
taller Sharpening Sled models like, bevel accuracy, 4 points of
stability, wide range of bevel angle detents including "back bevels",
easily set a micro-bevel and an alignment guide.
As far as cost, we are not the most expensive guide out there (a master
honing guide for $98.60, with less capabilities as the Alisam), but I
believe the best performance and value at this time.
Thanks, I appreciate your support of my design.
Tim Queeno