DeepDiver

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
stanley baer wrote:

I have found several hundred feet of 8 AWG wire that I would like to use
to bring electricity to my shop that is 200' from my house.

What will the current capacity be of this setup? (I realize it is
probably not up to code)

Stan, with all due respect you are going about this the wrong way.

snip
Have you considered what would happen if there were a fire in your
shop and your insurance company found a bunch of illegal wiring?
Think one of today's insurance companies might try to weasel out
of paying?

If the fire were attributable to the incorrectly-installed wiring, then the
insurance company would not be "weaseling"; it would be a legitimate denial
of coverage.

Insurance companies are a business (like any other), they are not a charity.
They owe it to their other paying customers, to their stockholders, and to
their employees NOT to pay on bad claims.

- Michael