Robert Swinney

Pete sez:
"...I'm thinking about getting a Smith Little Torch for
small silver soldering jobs, etc."

Yeah, me too. I've got one on order. The decision was made when I tried to
adjust the pressure and flame on a #1 Victor tip small enough to "size" a
finger ring. It was successful, but difficult (and scary) to do on a
diamond ring.

Bob Swinney

"Pete Keillor" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 00:21:25 GMT, "Randy Zimmerman"
wrote:

Nice work but it might be prudent to replace the straps with chain. At
home
it could be ok but in industry you have to use chain.to prevent the
bottles
falling over in a fire.
Randy

Thanks for the suggestion. I wondered why I usually see chain. I'll
just have to figure out a good way to snug it.

A previous reply asked if the torch was a Victor Performer. No, it's
the Radnor knockoff. It works ok and is supposed to be compatible
with Victor tips.
Thanks also for the nice comments from everyone.

Pete Keillor

"Pete Keillor" wrote in message
. ..
A couple photos of the OA cart I just finished

snip

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/OACart01.jpg
http://metalworking.com/DropBox/OACart02.jpg

Pete Keillor