IMM

Default Noisy new float valve in loft

"Jeremy Collins" wrote in message
Hi all,

I've replaced the float valve in my loft header tank (the old
one was knackered and the tank was leaking from the overflow).

But the new valve is *much* noisier (despite being identical
in appearance).

Is there anything I can do to reduce the sound of a giant khazi
filling over my head? Or do I just have to get used to it?

You may want to insert an in-line service valve in the pipe. Open the ball
valve fully and see if the overflow can take the flow. If the flow is too
high then reduce to suit. If a valve goes then you will have a rather wet
ceiling which may come down if it happens when you are out, as the overflow
can't cope,

---