Bazza

Yes electronic "softeners" do work contrary to replies from previous
posts but it depends on what you expect from them.
I installed one some twelve years ago after using them successfully in
an industrial setting but don't expect them to make the water feel softer.
I have noted particularly in the electric kettle that instead of the
usual build up of hard lime scale on the element the lime content of the
water ends up as a sludge in the bottom which is easily swilled out.
Previously descaling the kettle, shower head etc.. took place monthly,
(the water is very hard in the Dunstable area)nowadays I do it about
every 6 months.
Only had one downside when I installed it, I had a few soldered
connections that started to weep as the lime that was plugging the
cracks dissolved, as the father in-law helped me to re plumb the house I
blamed his soldering, surly mine could not be at fault!

Bazza

--s-p-o-n-i-x-- wrote:
Am considering having a Liff Limebeater installed along with a new
boiler.

Are they any good?

(I live in a hard water area)

sponix