Clint

Well, that's probably my biggest issue with getting the RAS; the space
required for it. But I was thinking that the RAS, CMS, and drill press all
have similar "long board" requirements, so maybe they can co-exist on a wall
somewhere.

Clint

"Bob G." wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 03:36:20 GMT, "Clint"
wrote:

So a friend of mine offered me a RAS, as he's got two sitting in his

garage
(in pieces). I've got a tablesaw, a miter saw, but I'm thinking this saw
could still be a useful addition to my arsenal. Or am I dreaming? I was
thinking it would be as useful as having a crosscut sled set up, and

useful
for cutting dado's and rabbets. Probably keep it at 90 degrees almost

all
the time.

Clint

=================
I have owned a RAS for at least 40 years and it has not moved off a 90
degree cut for the last 30 years....I also own a CMS and a couple of
Tablesaws..which are both used...

The RAS is pretty useful for dado's especially if they do not need to
be dead on accurate...89.90 degrees or so... lol...

Sorry but my old Delta Contractors saw is set up with a dead on
adjustabe sled just for doing crosscuts of less then 30 inches in
lenght... the RAS is used ONLY for rough cutting crosscuts...
anything over 30 inches that I need super accurate cross cuts is done
on my Cabinet saw also with a sled....

Actually my CMS is only used ocassionaly and also never for accurate
cuts.... I just prefer the feel of using the RAS over the CMS.... BUT
If I were a young man and just starting out I would go for the CMS to
save space...

Bob G.