Duane Bozarth

" wrote:

I will look but I do not think it will. If I find another motor that is
capable of 220 and the hp rating is 2hp or greater will the benefits of
running it 220 and having more hp make a considerable difference? I
build furniture on the side and it is not uncommon to cut 2" or thicker
Oak and other woods and my saw seems to struggle at times. I changed
the pulleys, belt and added the stabilizers and using a Forrest blade
it cuts better but I still feel that another motor that runs easier and
stronger would provide that additional boost.
Thanks,
Mike Francis

Probably, although unless you have more than a single drive belt you may
have trouble transmitting all the torque under real load.

What is the actual nameplate rating? Is it one of the famous Sears 1.5
peak hp ratings, per chance? If so, an honest 1.5 hp would
undoubtedly be stouter.