RAM^3

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I got a machine in today, a little one, couldn't pass it up. Major cosmetic
issue is it sat too near a concrete pour or something and got spattered a
long time ago, and, like most construction machinery, never got cleaned
off. It doesn't affect the function but I don't like it and want to remove
it. Stuff is tenacious! I want to remove the concrete but leave the paint,
decals etc. alone. Any ideas? I've only tried 409 and a rag and the edge of
a credit card so far.

GWE

If you're *patient*: get some 9% vinegar and apply using a "pad" of fabric
or paper to let it soak in/on. The stuff is mild enough to not bother
oil-based enamels but will eat the cement. Reapply/refresh as needed. [You
can also use the stuff to clean your coffee maker. g]

If you're *not patient*: try using either a router or a Dremel (with a
router attachment) and a flat-ended diamond bit. Adjust the height so that
the bit _does not_ extend outside the baseplate. [The objective is to knock
off the particles *without* making contact with anything else.]

Once you've knocked off the high points and big chunks, it's time to gather
up your patience and apply the 9% vinegar with a "pad". G