BigWallop

"EricP" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:53:27 GMT, "BigWallop"
babbled like a waterfall and said:

"EricP" wrote in message
.. .
At present I have a 2.5 sink with a garbage unit on the middle bowl
and dishwasher and washing machine going into spiggots under one of
the other bowls.

I want to go down to a one bowl sink which will have the garbage unit
underneath. This leaves the problem of disposing of the washing
machine and dish washer outlets as I lose them and there can't
apparently be spiggots fitted into this pipework.

What would be the method of overcoming this? The problem seems to be
to put two spiggots into standard waste pipe.

A Tee branch off to the side of the main waste pipe with two push fit
nozzles on it. You know the TEE Branch pipe fittings that have the

tapered
thing sticking out of the branch. You've seen them in B&Q. Well, two of
these tapered bits can be fitted to one TEE fitting, which will take the

two
appliances to the main waste pipe under the sink.

Main Waste Pipe has one TEE fitting inserted. This TEE has a piece of

pipe
fitted to its branch. On that branch you fit another TEE fitting on the
end. On that TEE fitting you put the two tapered pipes on for the hoses

of
the appliances to fit on to.

They're called appliance or washing-machine tees' or something silly like
that. And you should only need two unless they don't come with all the
compression nuts and rings.

Jobs done.

Dear Mr Wallop

Your words obviously have great wisdom to them, sadly unlike my local
B&Q, which will hopefully burn to the ground in the immediate future,
thereby saving the waste of electricity.

When I find a B&Q that actually stocks things to sell and does not
display on the dump-bin principle, I will be much better off, and able
to put your sage advice into practise.

As you can't escape me, I will return!

)

Two of these
http://www.toolstation.com/images/li...bbig/69677.jpg and two of
these http://www.toolstation.com/images/li...bbig/88172.jpg

Place one of the Tee fittings in the existing waste pipe with its branch
toward the appliances. On the branch, put a piece of pipe that also points
toward the appliances. On the end of this piece of pipe put the other Tee
fitting, but have it with its branch pointing upward toward the ceiling.

Now, on the Tee fitting, the one that has its branch pointing to the ceiling
and is fitted at the loose end of the piece of pipe, put just the appliance
spigots from the other two fittings. Connect your appliance waste outlet
hoses to the appliance spigots.

If they are all the same size, then they'll fit together properly. Jobs a
good 'un' :-)