Ouch My Back!

yoke as in the yoke board on the back of the CRT?
i'll reach in there and see if it's loose. what is strange though is
that moving the unit or tapping the body of the CRT has no effect on
the picture which i would assume it would if it were loose.

There's a few devices that slide onto the tube like 3 rings on one
finger, These aim the picture via magnetic means to their precise
landing on the screen, the convervence IC's taylor the signal to
control exactly where the picture lands. There's a small magnetic ring
assembly, a convergence yoke, and a main yoke, The yokes are windings
of copper wire on an iron frame. They are secured with something
similar to hose clamps about midway of the CRT tube. They would be
installed by removing the crt board at the end, and sliding them onto
the glass crt tube like a ring, they should not turn easily, often
times the heat from the crt will cause plastic to get brittle and crack
which will happen when moved. There could be bad solder connections at
the convergence IC's also which would cause identical trouble. I kind
of disagree that moving a set would cause the convergence IC's to fail,
unless they failed as a result of a bad connection which was caused by
the move. I would check the connections on them. Their failure is
common though and would not be surprising. the other suffixes w/ a
higher number are higher rated. ~010= crummiest ~030= best. I found
them on ebay. and google provided spec sheets

question... i mess around with arcade machines and monitors so i have a
little experience with discharging monitors and staying clear of the
annode cap and wire, etc... but on this monster... what exactly am I
watching out for? i guess i could just trace the wires from the flyback
and steer clear from there.

also.. i located the 2 "stk" IC's on the heatsinks. they're held in
with 2 screws so i'm assuming they're socketed unless that's what holds
the heatsink to them.

1. where would I get replacements for these.
2. doesn't each gun have individual convergence circuitry?
3. where (if anywhere) can i find the service manual for this tv?

thanks for all the help so far. i'm confident i'll get this fixed.

k.