Hax Planx

jw 111 says...

hi, in order to place our clothes drying rack over the bath i have two
strips of wood that we place the dryer upon.

to prevent the wood strips soaking up too much water from the dripping
clothes, i intend to put a drying oil on them. i chose walnut oil for its
non-toxic qualities. is there a way that i could dilute the oil to make it
go further since it is quite expensive.

many thanks for any advice. john west

Oil is practically worthless as a protection against water or water
vapor. If you already bought it, I hope you didn't open it so you can
exchange it for something else. What you want is polyurethane or some
other kind of varnish. It should be comparatively cheap too.