Upscale

"Robin Lee" wrote in message

It's not as much the theiving, as the risk of injury. We have a lot of

kids
let loose in the store - and not all parents are vigilant.We'd rather lose

sale than have a hurt child...or a hurt big kid - and a lawsuit...

I figure the scenario goes like this:

Johnny: "Daddy, I really want that new action toy".
Dad: "No Johnny, not right now".
Johnny: "But Daddy, I've been a really good boy and all my friends have
one".

Dad stops to think for a minute and then goes to Mom.

Dad: "Hi Dear, Johnny has been really good lately just like he promised, so
I thought I'd go buy him that new action toy. While I was at it, I thought
I'd stop at Lee Valley Tools and get that Leigh dovetail jig they have. I
could use it to build you a really great bathroom vanity, you know you
always wanted one.
Mom: "Forget it Frank. It costs too much."
Dad: "But Honey, none of the other dads on the street have one that I can
borrow and if I get one, we'd even save money over paying some contractor to
build a vanity for us as well and I could build you other stuff too."
Mom thinks for a minute, realizes that Frank will be obligated to her big
time if she says ok and also realizes that she could go along and buy
herself some gardening equipment at the same time.

So, off the family goes to Lee Valley Tools. Johnny owes mom because she was
the one that said yes. Dad owes mom because she was the one that said yes.
Mom gets some new garden tools.

Does anybody wonder how it came to be that women really control the world?