jw 111

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:3smre.664$EH1.72@trndny03...

"jw 111" wrote in message
hi, in order to place our clothes drying rack over the bath i have two
strips of wood that we place the dryer upon.

to prevent the wood strips soaking up too much water from the dripping
clothes, i intend to put a drying oil on them. i chose walnut oil for its
non-toxic qualities. is there a way that i could dilute the oil to make
it go further since it is quite expensive.

many thanks for any advice. john west

Thinning it will not make it go further, just need more coats. There are
cheaper non-toxic finishes you can use. Poly, BLO, shellac, tung oil, etc.

many thanks. im in london u.k. would you kindly tell me what poly and blo
are please. thanks