Owen Lawrence

bolted down, or screwed to the wall. And, not surprisingly considering
the
number of items they stock, not all is out on display, either. There is
nice book section, though, with shelf copies available for perusal and a
number of very comfortable arm chairs for said perusing.

Have you ever asked to look at something that is behind glass or in the
back
room on a shelf? I have several times when I've visited Lee Valley Tool
stores in Toronto and I've always been accommodated. Admittedly, the only
time I visit one of their stores instead of using the mail order is when
I'm
buying a large amount of stuff or spending $300 or more. So, they might be
granting my request only after seeing the list of stuff I'm buying, but
I've
never had any argument when I want to physically examine something.

I've examined small stuff (couple bucks worth) and turned them down, and
there were no complaints, and had any number of questions answered without a
list at all. I think the service is there if you need it, whether or not it
looks like you're going to pay for it with a large order right then and
there.

- Owen -