Terry D

Default New bath and shower.

Graeme wrote:
Hi All

I'm fitting a new bath (standard 1.7m with a straight end (tap end)
and a sloped end) and shower and have a little question.
If I fit the bath with the tap end against the brick wall, then after
the cupboards have been fitted it will be tricky to gain access to
the taps for any maintenance. So I thought I could swap the bath
around and have the 'shallow' end against the brick wall and the tap
end against our 'cardboard' wall (stramit : flipin' straw init?). But
I'd still like to have the shower fixed to the brick wall as it is
far far stronger. So, do people actually do this, have the shower
mounted above the shallow end?
Thanks for any comments.

My shower is installed on a 'cardboard' wall, although not the tap end of
the bath. This made the plumbing very easy - I just pushed the copper pipes
down from the loft into the cavity. I then pushed a length of 2" x 1" down
between the pipes. The shower was then fitted by screwing through into the
wood.

Terry D.