Christian McArdle

Ideal tried that one on me. I informed them of the law. They didn't know
that non corgi people can fit a boiler until I told these people and they
looked it up. They fixed the boiler.

If you didn't buy directly from Ideal, then it was you that didn't know the
law either, although it appears to have been a successful blag!

Manufacturers can put pretty well any non discriminatory restrictions on
their guarantees that they like (including registered fitting requirements),
as they have no requirement to offer a guarantee at all. It is the vendor
that your statutory rights apply to. Of course, if you bought it direct,
then they are the vendor too, and statutory rights DO apply.

Christian.