Ken Weitzel

i'm assuming this is the IC you're referring to is this one...
IC STK392-020

i just found a source for it.. is $32.38 each from partstore.com a good
price / source for parts?

i guess i should replace both of these ICs?

is there any way to pinpoint an issue like this before simply swapping
out parts until it's resolved?

thanks.

Hi Winner...

Proj TV's aren't in my experience, given that I retired
before they existed (at least among common folks), so all
I have to offer is a gut feeling, but...

Before I invested very many dollars on a by gosh and by
golly gamble, I'd be more interested in doing simpler
checks.

Is it at all physically intermittent? If you're safe and
comfortable operating it open, does anything anywhere respond
to gentle taps with the handle end of a long light screwdrriver?

If the yokes are plugged in, I'd like to unplug and re-insert
them a few times (obviously while off). Maybe even a puff of
contact cleaner on them.

Probably do the same with the crt neck plugs.

Might like to use a magnifying glass to look at the solder
condition around those areas that are subject to heat...
carefully reflow solder on any suspect areas.

Could be worthwhile checking esr on power supply caps...

Just an old guy's two cents worth.

Take care, and be safe.

Ken