Upscale

"Rob Fargher" wrote in message
bolted down, or screwed to the wall. And, not surprisingly considering

the
number of items they stock, not all is out on display, either. There is a
nice book section, though, with shelf copies available for perusal and a
number of very comfortable arm chairs for said perusing.

Have you ever asked to look at something that is behind glass or in the back
room on a shelf? I have several times when I've visited Lee Valley Tool
stores in Toronto and I've always been accommodated. Admittedly, the only
time I visit one of their stores instead of using the mail order is when I'm
buying a large amount of stuff or spending $300 or more. So, they might be
granting my request only after seeing the list of stuff I'm buying, but I've
never had any argument when I want to physically examine something.

When I go in with my list, I order everything and someone starts bringing
the order out piece by piece. That gives me plenty of time to examine every
item as it appears and I can decide at that time if I still want it.