NSM

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

I don't know where you would get the idea that your power was an upgrade

on
ours. We NEVER EVER get brownouts here. This is largely because the higher
voltages we use on our crosscountry distribution network, allows for lower
transmission currents, which result in lower voltdrops at any resistance
points at junctions.

We can also run high watts appliances such as ovens and driers, without
having to use cables as thick as your arm, and 6 inch nails for fuses. Oh,
and we also did away with ugly overheads and pole mounted transformers at
street distribution level, years ago ....

So your system is an upgrade ?? Hmmmm ...

Yep. It still surprises me that the lights here dim everytime a heater
switches on. Weird.