Arfa Daily

I don't know where you would get the idea that your power was an upgrade on
ours. We NEVER EVER get brownouts here. This is largely because the higher
voltages we use on our crosscountry distribution network, allows for lower
transmission currents, which result in lower voltdrops at any resistance
points at junctions.

We can also run high watts appliances such as ovens and driers, without
having to use cables as thick as your arm, and 6 inch nails for fuses. Oh,
and we also did away with ugly overheads and pole mounted transformers at
street distribution level, years ago ....

So your system is an upgrade ?? Hmmmm ...

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
What would I need in order to adapt to the downgrade in electrical
power? Will it affect the sound quality? Any specific transformer
suggestion? And would the speakers be okay?

Don't know about the adaptation that is required (it could be as simple
as a different power cord or an adapter if the receiver will accept 120
VAC / 60 hz intead of limey power.

BTW, we here in the Colonies tend to think our power system is an
upgrade from 'yours'.