Hax Planx

AAvK says...

Personaly, I cannot afford that, and it seems beyond principle (of whatever sort,
economics?) to buy an Alisam at that cost. So, I'll try and make one myself out
of hardwood. Wheels to the sides of the stone. I simply cannot stand the idea
of rolling a wheel through the slurry and mashing it into the grit and muddying
up the inside of the wheel's spindle. Rediculous. The new Mk II is perfect for
scary sharpening though. Someone argue back, please!

This article makes a strong case for sharpening by hand and not using a
guide at all: http://www.antiquetools.com/sharp/index.html.