gregg

BillyBob wrote:

Being one of many who wasted their money on the original, poor design
I won't use LV for my next honing guide. Here's where I'll go:
http://www.alisam.com/

These guides have the same limitation that the original Veritas had. None
of them will handle a #8 jointer blade (2 5/8" wide) with a 1" thick
waterstone. That's why I ended up making my own guide.

Bob

IT also shares a major defect of the LV design - the iron holding mechanism
being downward pressure applied by a disk. Doesn't prevent the iron form
rotating even while you are tightening it or while you are honding.

I really like the side clamps for holding.

The wide wheel et of this guide does solve one major defect of the LV guide.

--
Saville

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/backstaffhome.html

Restoration of my 82 year old Herreshoff S-Boat sailboat:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/SBOATrestore.htm

Steambending FAQ with photos:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/Steambend.htm