Larry Jaques

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 19:52:41 -0400, the inscrutable Jon Bergstrom
spake:

Like many folk, I spent some time in a kitchen years ago as a cook. I
saw some nasty burns from grease, but I never saw third degree burns
from water. Just what temp does McCoffee boil at?

http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm

The coffee was 180-190°. Plus, the silly b*tch had it sitting
between her legs and once she had spilled it, she didn't get out of
the car and start running/drop trou/etc. to cool the liquid. She
probably just sat there and screamed.

The judge remitittured the award suggested by the jury so only her
outrageous medical and legal bills were paid.

Two FUBARs happened the McD's was stupid for not lowering the temps
after they were warned, and the SB was stupid for injuring herself
much worse than she should have if she'd had a single working brain
cell that day.

---
Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.