John Fields

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 13:30:26 -0700, Kitchen Man
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:33:39 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On 12 Jun 2005 09:01:11 -0700, wrote:

It's a shame you have to weed thru all the crap from some
of the posters here who have a lot of time on their hands and
have no tolerance for those who are just learning their craft....

---
It's a shame that those of us who give of our time in an effort to
edify the ignorant are often abused by imbeciles who can't take
correction gracefully.

It is equally a shame that there are those that are sometimes
incapable of offering correction gracefully, eh, John? If it pains
you so much to engage in your ungracious edifying, perhaps you would
do well to bugger off, and leave the stress of educating imbeciles to
those with more patience.

---
Well, Al, correction (no matter how gently offered) is often met with
varying degrees of resistance, particularly by those who have become
convinced that their way should be temporarily accepted as the 'right'
way, for their convenience, regardless of whether their way conforms
to universally accepted standards.

Case in point, the OP, whose attitude seems to be (and I paraphrase)
"You know what I mean, so why should I have to say it your way?"

As for me, I'm perfectly capable of conducting myself politely in the
presence of polite company. I'm also perfectly capable of atrocious
behavior and have no qualms about stooping to that level if, in my
opinion, the situation warrants it.

Finally, I don't see how you came to the conclusion that it pains me
to engage in the edification of imbeciles. Actually, it's quite
gratifying to be able to take on the challenge of breaking through the
barrier of ignorance and realize that you've shown someone how to use
a tool they didn't even know they owned.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer