Jeremy Collins

Default Noisy new float valve in loft

Woodspoiler wrote:
Rather than fiddle with what was probably a cheap iterm,

Err, you guessed it - 3.99 from B&Q. I'm not the most confident
DIY plumber in the world, so I went for the thing that looked
identical to the existing valve.

why not fit something like this:
They are fast and quiet. I bought mine a while ago and it was
sold specifically for header tanks. This one seems to be suitable
for toilet cisterns & headers.

Ah, OK. Actually that may also fix my slow-filling lav too. I'll
order a couple next time I need some stuff from Screwfix.

I should probably try to get at least a couple of week's use out
of my 4 quid valve, and it's so bloody hot in the loft I don't mind
waiting :-)

Cheers,

--
jc