G Henslee

Wes Stebbins wrote:
No, the bathroom has been roughed in, drywalled, painted, and there is just
a whirlpool in it now - no actual toilet, sink, etc. The plumber wants the
floor in before he comes back and install the toilet, etc.

Makes sense.

That is one of my questions - Do I install the vanity before or after
tiling?

Usually I recommend vanity first with ceramic. However with the vinyl
tiles you can install them first. If you ever upgrade to a cermaic or
otherwise it's a simple chore to cut the tiles at the toe kick if you
remove them for the new stuff. Or just install backerboard at that time
over the whole works for a substrate.

Also, my bad - I meant to say "priming" not "staining." I bought a primer
that alledgedly makes the tile stick better.

Also, do I need to install a sub-flooring first? I've read different
opinions on it, and some also say use plywood (if so - what thickness) not
particle board, etc.

Most lino guys I know install a 1/4-3/8" particle board underlayment.