antgel

Chipmunk wrote:
On 12 Jun 2005 06:56:47 -0700, "antgel" wrote:

am I allowed to wire the under-cupboard
lights from a FCU wired into the ring, rather than having to extend the
lighting circuit?

Sounds perfectly ok to me, and sensible... if you lose a circuit, the
entire kitchen doesn't get blacked out, which could be dangerous. I
don't think there is any hard and fast rule, but your plan sounds like
the best one in this case.

One suggestion I WOULD make is to make the 'switch just above the work
surface' the FCU. That way anyone else working on the circuit later
will *know* it's fed from an alternate circuit and the lighting
breaker won't turn it off:-)

That was my intention, more for convenience than anything, but I take
your point on board. I assume I can just daisy-chain the lights from
the FCU?

Antony