Larry Jaques

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:47:22 -0400, the inscrutable Artemia Salina
spake:

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 05:20:24 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 01:12:47 -0400, the inscrutable Artemia Salina
spake:

Fetch the stick Fido!

http://www.srl.org/machines/pitching/

I needs me wunna them to keep them Revenooers offen my land.

Thanks for posting that URL, Artemia. I'd been hunting for it for
ages. Googling "cadillac 2x4 thrower" and a dozen other search phrases
netted me absolutely nothing usable.

You're welcome, Larry. I'm a big fan of Survival Research Labs; they
make some of the most frightening machines-as-art that I've ever seen.

I sent that URL to a friend in D.C. and he made a comment about
folks who have too much time and money on their hands. What a
spoilsport HE is. I accused him of jealousy, I did.

I'll send email telling them of the missing HOG.

I'm disappointed that they took the page detailing the Hand-o-God
off-line. It's a huge spring-loaded hand made of steel I-beams
that can flatten a compact car with one mighty swat. It really conveys
the unforgiving nature of machinery. Nevertheless, I encourage readers
to poke around on that site and check out some of the videos of the
machines being tested. The "Pitching Machine" is shown being remotely
aim-able and fire-able. They even claim that it can be operated via
the internet! Imagine working in your shop with that machine in it

I think that machine is larger than my (2-car) shop.

somewhere and hearing the caddy motor start up on it's own!
Hit the deck; hackers!

Sell rides to the rednecks! (One way, cash in advance, please.)

By the way, if you watch the TV show, Myth-Busters, the blond-haired
woman, Scotty, is a former member of Survival Research Laboratories.

No, I don't watch any "reality" TV.

---
Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.