Tom MacIntyre

On 11 Jun 2005 11:25:50 -0700, wrote:

Charlie Bress:
Insulting regulars on this NG will not get you the information you are
looking for. At the very least you should accept the suggestions (and
guesses) without your negative, ungrateful editorial comment. .... and
maybe even say "thank you" for someone bothering to take the time to
reply to your request. Maybe you should just bite your damn tounge.
Without exception VCR tuner TV/CATV problems I have encountered since I
have been fixing VCRs in my shop since 1982 have not involved software
or even discrete components problems. Usually it is an "operator"
procedure error or even a bad tact switch/cracked solder connection.

Without exception? I question that. A uP can't affect tuning on modern
VCR's? An open resistor on the main DC supply line can't affect
tuning? Think again...

Tom

While we can put a man on the moon, there is NO readily definable "back
door" method to solve your problem. So lighten up and look at your
operator manual or try to find one on-line.... I think that your
answer lies there.
electricitym