Tom MacIntyre

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:58:20 -0400, "Charlie Bress"
wrote:

This is a good old VCR that works just fine after 17 years with just one
glitch that just occurred.
The antenna system selection circuit seems to have gotten stuck on the TV
position and will not cycle through the choices that let you watch cable
above channel 13. The indicator for the antenna system selection no longer
lights.

I've opened the cabinet and this VCR is mostly discrete components and the
various circuit boards are fairly generous in having component
identification marking.

It has already been replaced, but here I am, well retired, and willing to
dabble if only I had a clue of where to look. I have a DVM and a soldering
iron (all dressed up and nowhere to go).

Does anyone still have any service information on this VCR? It is well built
and has features that the new ones don't have. It seems a pity to just
relegate it to the recycle bin. It probably has many more years of life. Of
course, If I knew somebody that was still tied to an antenna it would make
a nice gift.

Thanks for any insight

Channels 14-23 (or so) are actually below 13...did it go higher than
23 before. The suggestion to get a converter is a frequently-offered
and good suggestion.

Tom

Charlie