DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
The dog would play fetch all day if us humans
didn't get tired of throwing it.

I want to build an automatic thrower. Train
the dog to drop the ball in a 'hopper', the
machine waits 10 seconds, beeps, and throws
the ball.

Despite the appearance that the dog wants the ball, it's the interaction
with the thrower he's really asking for. He'll get bored with a machine in
just a few throws.

I suspect that you are right.

And as for training the dog to drop the ball into a hopper --
Every time that I have thrown things, the dog makes me fight to get hold
of it to throw again -- just more of the game. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564