Nick Atty

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 14:21:57 +0100, Martin Angove
wrote:

I did do a header search. Thing is, while Messenger and Pluto use the
"user-agent" header, Marcel (Andy) doesn't, it uses "x-newsreader".
Rather than trawling manually through the ng looking for any other
variations (until I did a 7-day expire last night I had 4000 messages) I
just thought I'd ask :-)

We're still dwarfed by some other systems, but it's interesting to know
us RISC OS (noted) users don't stick just to the RISC OS newsgroups...

It's not always a foolproof way of telling. For example, from my
header:

You'd think I was running some version of Windows.

I'm not.
--
On-line canal route planner: http://www.canalplan.org.uk

(Waterways World site of the month, April 2001)