Chuck

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:20:34 -0400, (Arch) wrote:

After reading M. O'Donnell's book on decorating, I tried using carver's
punches to make shallow depressions in turned wood surfaces, then I
sanded down to their level and by moistening the surface the patterns
were supposed to rise proud of the surface. It was a miserable failure.

I have read of similar feats, but using steam instead of plain water.
Put the piece in a collander over boiling water. I'm going to try it
on some hard maple.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com