Mary Fisher

"Owain" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
Christian/Mary, I liked your previous comments about the telephone
table. I may not fit one since you made it sound so twee ! Or I will go
the whole hog, and put the phone on a doily.

Occasionally on Ebay you can get a gilt basketwork frame that fits over a
746 dial phone to give that added touch of tweeness.

Wot's a 746 phone?

I still have the swirly net curtains up that the previous lady
owner left (going to fit vertical blinds). Somebody visiting me the other
day decided it must be the wrong house, since such
net curtains couldn't possibly be mine.

"It was there when I moved in and it does the job" is a perfectly manly
response to most questions of aesthetic vs function.

Yes, I imagine that the jamieson poster could well be so idle as to say that
after not bothering to change anything.

Mary
Owain