Wild Bill

For a hand crank application, you might find it suitable to make the boached
hole using 2 pieces.
The crank shaft could be drilled or bored to the diameter of the exposed key
height (shaft dia + key height).

If you choose a section of tubing which fits the shaft diameter, that's got
the same wall thickness as the exposed height of the key, it can be slotted
to the key width. This tubing section would fit the crank shaft like a
slotted bushing.

Use any number of methods to secure the slotted tube into the hand crank
shaft cavity (which would be the diameter of the shaft plus the key height).
Weld, plug weld thru holes, pin, set screws etc.

WB

"gtslabs" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am making an attachment to my knee mill height hand crank. I drilled
a hole in a rod to match the diameter of the crank shaft. However there
is a keyway that I need to mill out of my adaptor on the INSIDE
Diameter. I dont see a Woodruff cutter working in this 5/8" hole.
I can mill it but it will not have square corners. What is needed to
get the square slot?
Thanks
Steve