John Rumm

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article . com,
writes:

I need to buy a portable a/c and wondered where the best place might be
to go at the moment. Costco had what looked to be quite a good one
unfortunately it was too big for my needs, can't be over 30in high.
I know I could google but I am looking for a recommendation.

They don't work very well. Some of them can be made to work better
with the addition of more tubing, carboard and duct tape...

You can get mobile split unit systems as well that work much better (and
quieter).

For example:

http://www.global-cooling.com/produc...roducts_id=754

Just comes in under the 30" requirement as well! Not dealt with these
folks personally, but others on this group have and report a positive
outcome.

--
Cheers,

John.