pinpassion

Default Identify High Current Power Supply Transformer

Hi Gang,

I have a large and heavy power supply transformer
that is part of a high current power supply project
that was featured in 73 magazine back in 1973. It
was started by a ham radio operator and was never
finished. I am going to finish it, if I can. I am
trying to identify the transformer leads. This is
for a 12 volt, 40 to 60 amp output. Here are the markings:

This transformer was made by ADC and is marked 541-010 REV H.
There is a marking on it that says 3-19470 and what I think
is a date code of 7438. There are terminal connections on one
side that are numbered 1 - 6. On the other side the connections
are numbered 7 - 14. I need to know the connection scheme for
this transformer so I can put it to use. I contacted who I
thought was the manufacturer "ADC" for information, and that
did not help.

I don't have the issue of 73 magazine, and I don't even know
if this is the same transformer that may have been part of the
construction article. I can take pictures and post them if that
might help.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Mike