Jim White

Default Hitachi Power tools

Sounds like,me an assembly plant rather than manufacturing plant.

Nope.

According to the article,it's "Makita Manufacturing Europe Ltd" and there

is
a and engineered production area and a separate assembly area.

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

Even if it's "just" an assembly plant, it employs people and some of the
money I pay for it will go into our economy.
I have to admit to shopping around for the best price, but my locally owned
tool store almost met that so has an order and I should be seeing the saw on
Friday.
Thanks everybody for all your help.
Those who have a shed full of tools prolly think the purchase of a new
jigsaw a fairly mundane subject, but it helps to be able to get a feel for
what others use and think; and it's hardly an easy subject to broach in the
pub.

Jim