Lurch

Default Bathroom fan wiring query (sorry!)

On 12 May 2004 12:50:06 -0700, in uk.d-i-y
(Lobster) strung together this:

Is this permitted under the regs? I can't see why not, but the fan
instructions state that I can only wire it independently using a
pull-cord switch, or wire it in parallel with the bathroom light.

I think it just assumes you are putting the switch in the bathroom,
all of my fans are switched from a seperate wall switch outside, and
it's to the regs.

And does the fan still need to be wired through a double-pole
isolation switch, despite not being wired to the light? Can I just use
a double-pole FCU like Screwfix 16437?

Yes, you still need an isolator, no need for an FCU though, just a
double pole isolator like an immersion heater switch will be fine. I
usually use a TP fan isolator though, so it's got a label saying what
it does.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.