Lurch

Default Cooker Hood and Gas Hob (mains) supply

On Wed, 12 May 2004 15:35:57 +0100, in uk.d-i-y Dave Plowman
strung together this:

In article ,
Lurch wrote:
So common in fact, that in all my years as an electrician I've never
seen one connected to a lighting circuit.

That's electricians for you - no imagination. In many cases it's easier to
access a lighting circuit than the ring due to the position.

They're better of on the ring, when the bulb blows it doesn't take a
32A MCB out, it more than likely will on a 6A, or with any other minor
fault type condition.

You still need an isolator though, and if the destructions say 3A fuse
max, a 6\10A MCB won't do, and technically invalidates the warranty.

And just how would they know what fuse was fitted?

I did say technically. Although if one of the manufacturers happened
to send an engineer out, then....
And yes, I know it's very unlikely but technically.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.