Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Harvey Van Sickle wrote:
I've had both (and now live in a "halls together"). It's a trade-off,
but I would never, ever, again buy a "halls apart/share the main walls"
arrangement.

The bathrooms and kitchen sounds you mention can be annoying, but
in my experience sharing the sitting-room wall -- especially when the
stereo and telly's against it -- is way, way more invasive.

Yes. In my halls adjoining type I can listen to the stereo at a goodly
level and it can't be heard in next door's living rooms - because I've
checked.

The oldbloke who was two owners ago of next door had his TV in the
kitchen/breakfast room, and he was a bit deaf. You could hear that - and
his two chiming clocks he kept on that mantelpiece.;-)

But it never annoyed me - as I said there's more noise from outside.

--
*Do paediatricians play miniature golf on Wednesdays?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.