Christian

Default wall insulation...

Hello,

I had posted this in alt.building.construction but I only got one
responce...

I'm in the process of building a new house here in the Atlantic part of
Canada.
I'm looking at 3 way's of doing it:

First:
2x6(on 16" center) lumber, 7/16 Aspenite OSB with R-20x15 bat insulation

Second:
2x6(on 24" center) lumber, 7/16 Aspenite OSB with R-20x23 bat insulation

Third:
2x4(on 16" center) lumber, 2" expanded polystyrene(R-8) with R-12x15 bat
insulation and wind brace

Most of the houses around here are done like the fist one. There are also a
few contractors doing:
2x6(on 16" center) lumber, 1" 1/2 extruded polystyrene (R-7.5) with R-20x15
bat insulation.

I'm king off looking at option 3 because it is the less expansive way and it
seem to make more sense. It has the same R value of the fist one but you
have extra "protection" on the studs (no thermal transfer, or less since you
have a R-8 value covering it).

What are your points on this?

ThanksCh
ristian