Anthony

"Mike" wrote in
m:

Can anyone recommend a miter or compound miter saw that would work
well for cutting aluminum extrusion material like the 80-20 product?
I've tried my 5200 RPM, 10", $88 Delta but don't think this is really
the right tool for the job. 80-20 recommends something quite a bit
slower but I can't seem to find anything. Your help is appreciated!

Mike

We use a 14" compound miter saw. Thing is, you need a metal cutting blade
for it, not just your standard carbide tipped wood saw blade.
It is also is *highly* recommeded you get the clamping kit for your
particular saw. Sawing aluminum while trying to hold it with your hand is
*not* a good idea.

--
Anthony

better idiots.