John Chase

"Ron Hubbard" wrote in message

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
m...

"Ron Hubbard" wrote in message
Here, I guess is a newbie question, because I don't remember that part
of
machine
shop. Does anyone know of a way to punch out nice round circles of
aluminum or
brass out of sheet metal in such a way that there are no holes in the
circles?

Ron

How big? How thick? How many? The obvious answer is a die set on a punch
press. I punch millions of rounds from 0.1875" x 6"

Is a punch press an expensive item to purchase?

If all you want to do is punch some rounds ("one-off" quantities), you might
get by with an arbor press, in which case the die set would likely be the
most expensive tool. If you want a "production-type" punch press, well,
depending on the size, you might have to build some place to house it. :-)

-jc-