Ned Simmons

In article 6hNpe.8726$QK1.4809
@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com,
says...
Can anyone recommend a miter or compound miter saw that would work well for
cutting aluminum extrusion material like the 80-20 product? I've tried my
5200 RPM, 10", $88 Delta but don't think this is really the right tool for
the job. 80-20 recommends something quite a bit slower but I can't seem to
find anything. Your help is appreciated!

I use a regular chop saw (it's even a Delta, I think) for
exactly the same thing and am very happy with the results.
I bought a Freud non-ferrous blade and apply a bit of stick
wax every few cuts. A clamp is required for best results -
the nonferrous blades tend to push the work around if it's
not secured.

That said, I use the stuff (usually Item rather than 80-20)
all the time and rarely cut it myself anymore. I find it's
well worth figuring out exactly what you need and ordering
the pieces precut. Item charges $1.50/cut on small
sections, and there's no difference in the price of the
material whether buying cut pieces or full lengths.

Ned Simmons