Mary Fisher

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
t...
Thus, the stairs and the phone, which is generally right next
to the wall on a telephone table.

How quaint! My grandmother had one of those. Most of us now store our
phones
between the cushions of the sofa, or under a pile of newspapers where they
can't be found.

This is topical.

Our fax/answerphone is dying. The phone part still works, the BEEP BEEP
still works aarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggh but the thing doesn't record messages,
the fax part sulks and the monitor doesn't work.

We need a new one and I intended asking if anyone had any suggestions for a
good one.

The relevance to this thread (so far) is that the present one sits on a
table in the hall. The other (wheelie) phones are in the bedroom, sitting
room and dining room and there's another attached one in the office.

Just to make it acceptable to this group the telephone table is rather nice
oak, made by my godfather in the 1950s from discarded pews from his local
village church. All legal.

Mary

Christian.