dadiOH

I made a newbie mistake. I'm building a "built-in" set of shelves out
of birch plywood -resting them on cleats nailed to the wall. The
shelves are going in a little aclove and are spanning the entire
distance. Unfortunately when I measured the space for the shelves I
measured the space along the wall where the back of the shelves would
be. However, now that we are installing the finished and urethaned
shelves I notice that the walls aren't entirely straight and the front
of the shelf is just a little to big to fit in nicely - maybe less
than 1/8" too big.

What's the best way to shave down the edge of the plywood to make it
fit?

A. Scribe the board directly. If you can't, measure the angle with a
bevel and transfer to board.

B. Use belt sander or router to cut off excess. With a router, clamp a
straight edge parallel to your scribed line.

C. Fact of life...walls are *never* perpendicular or parallel to each
other. Not nowadays.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...