RichardS

Default Hitachi Power tools

wrote in message
In uk.d-i-y, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

I have a 110v Altas Copco SDS drill - on closer examination, it's
actually an AEG. I wonder if AC actually make any kit, or just rebadge
stuff.

A bit of Googling around, comparing PDFs of "owners manuals" and the like,
followed by acquiring two-of-one and one-of-the-other, was enough to
persuade me that AEG-AtlasCopco-Milwaukee are multiple brands/sources
for the very same thing, in the case of the "PES-12" non-impact drivers
at the very least. I seem to remember that AEG owns Atlas Copco, while
Milwaukee (apologies to both original inhabitants and fans of Alice

Cooper's
cameo appearance in Wayne's World for misspelling ;-) is the brand under
which they're sold in the USA, but also (possibly against the intent of
the European marketing people) at sometimes-keener prices in the UK.

Regardless of the brand, I've been *very* happy with the build quality
and the decently-managed charger on these; but cheap they weren't.

HTH - Stefek

Think it's the other way round - Atlas Copco owns AEG Electric Power Tools
(completely separate from other AEG appliances, I think). AC are a pretty
big company.

Although the casing looks identical for some AEG and AC products they are
often different specs, AEG aimed at the "Trade" market, AC aimed at
"Industrial". Milwaukee and AC products seem to be identical in spec.

I've got an AC 9.6v cordless drill and a mains jigsaw. Can't fault either
of them.

--
Richard Sampson

email me at